Twitter

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Real Chicks Lift Weights...

***I am not a fitness or Health professional, these are my personal opinions and should not be taken as advice. If you want advice, see you doctor, enlist the help of a personal fitness trainer, and see a nutritionalist.*** 





          There is nothing wrong with choosing not to lift weights, after all it is your body. However, PLEASE educate yourself on the effects of weight lifting on the female body, or at a minimum don't pass your ignorance onto others as "Tips, an tricks". If you don't know, don't pretend to know.  I get so tired of the same ol BS coming from so many women, not to mention that they pass this BS off to other women as if they know what they are talking about... On the same token, don't assume what someone told you is true. Go research it and find out for yourself! I am not pointing fingers at anyone. In fact, I care about the success and health of all my followers and greatly appreciate their continued support. I just have to speak my mind! These are things I have actually heard in the last month, No lie...



  1. Weight training makes me get big and Bulky ~ I guess if you carry a bunch of extra fat around that makes you light on your feet? No weight lifting does not make you bulky. Yes you will gain muscle, on the other hand if your diet is in check you will also be loosing MORE fat because the more Lean Body Mass you have, the Higher your metabolism will be. It will change the composition of your body. It makes you strong, firm, and boosts your metabolism...
  2. I don't want to look like a Man ~ Unless your training Very Very hard and taking some steroids to boost your testosterone way up you don't have anything to be concerned about. Healthy Women without some odd ball hormone medical condition just don't produce enough testosterone naturally to get Big like Arnold, in fact most men don't either. As a women If your concerned you might have the needed testosterone to cause this naturally, your likely also not ovulating, growing excess facial and body hair and have a deeper then average voice. Please see a doctor ASAP. 
  3. Weight training makes you Build muscle on top of fat ~ Did I hear this correctly, Yes, I did... I responded to be sure they had not simply misspoke. Actually Fat is throughout your entire body.  Locations of fat deposits can be indicators of your overall health. FAT... The Ugly Three Letter Word... It is right under your skin (subcutaneous fat), It  is in your blood (blood lipids), It can build up around your heart (pericardial fat), just to name a few... It is all over your body. Think about it this way, Muscle is firm, fat is jiggly.... What do you notice more (if your over weight) when you jump up an down? Are your Jiggling? Well thats not on account of all the Muscle you have piling up on top of your fat. >.>
  4. Light weights with high reps will tone me up ~ Actually being "toned" is relative to the Amount of Body fat you carry. If your healthy and have only small amounts of fat covering your muscles they will appear defined or "toned". Enough with the Fluffy pink 5 pound weights, your not becoming more toned, what you need to do is lose more Body fat if toned is the look your going for. If you have a trainer who has given you a "toning" program, its time to find a new trainer! Light weights with high reps has a place, if your under going physical therapy... Other then that Pfft... Talk to the Dumbbell. 
  5. I just want a smaller waist so I am only interested in crunches and cardio ~ I KNOW you have heard this before. You can't spot reduce! It can not be done, unless you count Liposuction! To loose weight you must take in less calories then your body uses for fuel, you need a daily calorie deficit. You can not pick an choose what area of your body you burn calories from. Ignore the Fitness pretenders who tell you that you can reshape your body by using some Ab machine alone. If it sounds to good to be true call BS! 

Well thats all for my Rant Of the day; haha... 
I still love you guys! 

3 comments:

  1. Weight training makes me get big and Bulky - HAH years of riding horses gave me ginormous calves & thighs... but they sooo don't look like mens calves. I like my legs. I just have VERy curvy legs. My upper body though has never gotten "bulky" from lifting activites. TOTALLY agree

    I don't want to look like a Man - Even most female body builders don't look like men if they aren't flexing their ass off. Most of the ones i've seen or have seen at the gym look like swimsuit covers. So again TOTALLY agree.

    Weight training makes you Build muscle on top of fat - I have totally never heard this... I hope I never do I may have to smack the person.

    Light weights with high reps will tone me up - hmm... so IMO light"er" weights with higher reps may tone someone up. I've seen it done.... BUT the person in questin already has to be in pretty good shape to begin with to get said muscle definition. SO I agree with this one for the most part. But I think my definition of lighter may not be the same. My definition of lighter weights is udner 50lbs. Vs the 100+ stuff I see some of the "heavy" builders do. I totatlly agree though that 5 lb weights aren't going to do that much for you BUT as someone with no upper body str it's a start! I about died on the 30 day shred with only 3 lb weights... man I felt like a wus. Though I know if I kept at it I'd get to heavier ones. Idealy probably 10-15 lbers for cardio/str mix type vids. ... more than that... and I totally have a mental pic of me knocking myself out.

    I just want a smaller waist so I am only interested in crunches and cardio.. BWAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yeah... I'm totally with you on this one. I'd say you could "maybe" define things more when you lose most of the weight and are starting to show muscle tone, but you can do crunches until you pass out, but it's not going to force your body to lose from that area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yea I was talking about 20lbs and under. Bodybuilders are a whole different ball game I won't pretend to know nearly enough about. I am still working on figuring it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie

    Here is the homemade mayonnaise recipe for the blender......
    1 whole egg, at room temperature (plus 1 yolk)
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon (freshly ground) white or black pepper (optional)
    1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
    1 cup light olive oil

    1. Break egg into bowl of you blender. Add extra yolk. Add dry mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Cover and blend 3 to 5 seconds.

    2. With motor still running, remove plastic stopper from the cover of the blender and begin adding olive oil in a slow, steady stream until all of the oil is used. Blend only until mayonnaise is thick.

    3. Scrape mayonnaise into a glass container; cover and refrigerate (if mayonnaise is not to be used up right away). The mayonnaise will keep for 1 week.

    ReplyDelete